Progress 64 West is the proud sponsor of the Louis S. Sachs Scholarship. Pictured above are the 2016 Louis S. Sachs Scholarship winners, Emily Hirschbuehler from Marquette High School, and Logan Williams from Parkway West High School.
Progress 64 West, in conjunction with the The Louis S. Sachs Scholarship, awards up to $7,500 in scholarships to area high school seniors each year.
About The Scholarship:
Progress 64 West will award scholarships totaling $7,500 to two area high school seniors attending schools along the I-64/Highway 40 corridor. The awards are funded through the organization’s annual Louis S. Sachs Scholarship program and are awarded to graduating seniors based upon their submission of an Executive Summary of a Business Plan.
Three college scholarships will be awarded as follows:
• A $5,000 scholarship, paid in two installments of $2,500 – one for the student’s first year of college and another for the second year, provided the student maintains a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 during the first year, is enrolled in school full-time and is otherwise in good standing.
• Up to Two $2,500 scholarships, each paid in one installment for the student’s first year of college. If a winning student is enrolled in and attends Lindenwood University in St. Charles, the university will match the Louis S. Sachs Scholarship, provided the student meets certain requirements set forth by the university. At the discretion of Progress 64 West, scholarships may be paid directly to the college or university the winning student attends.
Scholarship Eligibility and Application Process:
The Louis S. Sachs Sachs Scholarship is awarded annually in honor of the late Louis S. Sachs, a visionary entrepreneur. Accordingly, Progress 64 West is looking for applicants who have entrepreneurial dreams.
• To be eligible to apply for the Louis S. Sachs Scholarship, a student must be a high school senior in the Parkway, Rockwood, Francis Howell, Fort Zumwalt, or Wentzvile School District areas. Students attending private schools and home schools within theses areas are also eligible.
• To receive scholarship funds, a student must be enrolled as a full-time student attending an accredited junior college, college or university.
• To be considered for a scholarship, an applicant must submit a proposed Executive Summary of a Business Plan that includes:
- a description of the business concept, including nature of the business, mission, objectives, philosophy and values, and contribution to the community;
- market analysis, including market need, competition and strategy to meet the need and successfully and profitably compete;
- business operations, including necessary management, employees, vendors, professional assistance, facility and technology;
- sales and marketing strategies, tactics and techniques;- sources and uses of funds necessary to start and operate the business.
• To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must submit their Executive Summary of a Business Plan no later than Friday, October 31, 2017. Applications should be submitted by email to the attention of:
Sharon Huber at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Progress 64 West representatives may interview applicants prior to awarding the scholarships.
Awards Luncheon - Progress 64 West will present the Louis S. Sachs Scholarships on Wednesday, November 22, 2017, at a luncheon at the DoubleTree Hilton in Chesterfield. Awardees will be notified prior to the luncheon and are encouraged to attend.
Sponsoring Companies - The Louis S. Sachs Scholarship program is sponsored by American Direct Marketing Resourcss, LLC, Doster Ullom & Boyle, LLC, and Stinson, Leonard, Street, LLC. Lindenwood University is a matching sponsor, and if the winning student is enrolled in and attends Lindenwood University in St. Charles, Lindenwood will match the Louis S. Sachs Scholarship provided the student meets the requirements set forth by the University.